February 14, 2021
Calendar of Events
- Feb 10-19 Parent/Teacher Conferences sign up window opens
- Feb 19 School Permit Window Closes
Feb 24 & 25
Parent-Teacher Conferences – will be held Virtually as in the Fall
Feb 25 Early Out 1:40
Feb 26 No Student Day (Compensatory Day)
Jan 5 – March 5 Teacher of the Year Nomination Window
Hello Oakdale Families & Friends,
I hope you all have had a lovely weekend. We’re in the process of preparing for our Parent-Teacher Conference, the window is open Feb. 10-19. Conferences will be held virtually, similar to our fall conference. If you need help registering for a time please contact the office or see the instructions below. Please note Thursday, Feb. 25 will be an early out day with school ending at 1:40 PM with conferences starting at 2:00 PM
Join us for a PTA fundraiser at MOD Pizza Thursday, February 18 from 10:30 AM – 10:00 PM.
Stop by to enjoy some great pizza with a portion of the proceeds going to Oakdale. You may also order online, please use promo code: GR1778180. Please see the flyer below along with a flyer being sent home with your students.
Important things to know
PTA Board Nominations for next year are happening now!! There are several council positions available, including Secretary, Communications VP, Creative Director, Membership Chair.
If you or know someone who may be interested and willing to lend talents in this fabulous organization, please send your information to the current PTA President, Cami Perucca, to email@example.com
Lost and Found
Outside our office, we have a coat rack for Coats, Jackets, Hats, Scarves, and Gloves that have lost their owners. If you’re looking for missing items, check the lost of found.
WHAT IS DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP? Digital media and technology are evolving at a rapid pace, bringing with it amazing opportunities and real risks for our children. On the positive side, young people use the Internet and mobile technologies to create, connect, explore and learn in ways never before imagined. Challenges from harmful behaviors, cyberbullying to digital cheating are surfacing in schools and homes across the country. Young people face ethical challenges daily without a roadmap to guide them. To combat this, conversations about digital practices need to begin in the home. To help with this, each month, we will provide resources to begin having these conversations with your children at home.
Watch this video as a family: https://www.commonsense.org/education/videos/private-and-personal-information
Parent-Teacher Conference Sign-Up
It is that time of year again! Please make sure to pick a time slot for Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences. The window to sign-up is from February 10-19, 2021. Below are the directions on how to schedule an appointment:
Login to your Skyward Family Access
If you have more than 1 student in Canyons School District Schools, choose All Students
- Only one appointment can be scheduled per teacher per student.
- If guardians maintain separate households, they must log in separately to schedule individual conference times for their student.
- If you have more than one student, the system will allow you to schedule them at the same time with two different teachers; however, a warning will appear because this will double book you.
- On the left side click the Conferences tab
- Click All Conferences next to the student’s name you wish to schedule a conference for
- Choose the time you want and click Select next to that time (Status for that time slot must be open or select option will not appear)
- A window appears showing the appointment information, Click Save
- You will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a reminder email five days before and two days before your scheduled appointment.
4th Grade University of Learning
One of our 4th-grade students has begun his final phase with his Doctorate degree.